Thursday, October 23, 2008

“I am sure that there will be another opportunity”

Fernando Torres will be the main absentee in the Champions League clash between Atletico Madrid and Liverpool on Wednesday night. The Madrid-born striker, who spoke exclusively to his website, analysed the upcoming match at the Vicente Calderon stadium, talked openly about how an unfortunate muscle injury has ruled him out of the game, and described his thoughts on the new design for fernando9torres.com.


- How do you like the new design for your official site?

It’s great. I think that the site is both modern, and attractive. Now I hope that all the visitors to fernando9torres.com also feel the same. We are open to any suggestions, or thoughts, about what we could add or maybe change. I promise that we will take every opinion into account.

- How’s the injury?

I'm recovering well. With this type of injury you have to be very patient. It’s a pity that the injury is in the same place as the one I suffered last August. I have no other alternative but to work hard in the daily training sessions that the Liverpool medical services have prepared for me.

- Is this the only reason for you not travelling to Madrid?

Exactly. I want to thank Atletico Madrid for the invitation to watch the game and their offer to bestow on me the gold and diamond club insignia. This is a postponement, not a refusal. I am sorry for the fans, but after talking with my manager, club doctor and the physiotherapists, we decided that the best thing is that I stay at Liverpool; because I would have missed-out on nearly two full days of recovery. At this point, we cannot afford that luxury. As the Atleti fans are already well aware of, I want to play again as soon as possible and I am working to be back playing again shortly.

- It has been rumoured that there were other reasons behind you not going to Madrid...

Far from it. Not being able to be at the Vicente Calderon Stadium on Wednesday is a big blow. I must insist that I really appreciate the club’s offer, I was really looking forward to taking part in what would have been a very special match for me, but unfortunately it was not to be. I am sure though that there will be another opportunity. However, as soon as my commitments with Liverpool allow me, I will return to the Vicente Calderon to collect the insignia, and to share the experience with the Atletico Madrid supporters.

- What do you expect will happen in Wednesday’s match?

It will be a tough encounter. Atletico have got off to a brilliant start in the Champions League and they will be trying to move a step closer to qualifying when they face Liverpool in front of their own fans. We are looking for exactly the same thing. If we win all three points, we will take a very important step to sealing a place in the quarter finals.

- Who do you want to win?

Well, I want Liverpool to win and then for Atletico to make me happy by doing what they have to do. As I said before, my wish is that we both qualify. After two rounds of matches, both teams are on the right road. Now we have to go on a seal qualification from our group.


Photo: J.A. Sirvent

4 Comentários:

Anonymous said...

Torres lagi...
torres lagi........
hieccckkkssss

Anonymous said...

patut diacungi jempol nih penggemar berat torres ^^
bannernya udh dipasang mas link back yha ^^

Unknown said...

torresmania.....yihaaa. dapat temen neh

Anonymous said...

yup! there's always a chance in this life.

Post a Comment

  ©Template Blogger Elegance by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO